1. strengthen the skills learned in Greek I, continuing to provide the students with the means to read and interpret simple texts in Ancient Greek;
2. acquire a deeper knowledge of Greek grammar;
3. learn and memorize the required vocabulary to understand the proposed texts, as well as to consolidate the already known vocabulary;
4. translate simple Portuguese sentences into Greek;
5. have a deeper notion of the History of Greek language and of the biblical and Hellenistic Greek;
6. recognize the importance of Greek Language in the general context of European culture, and in particular in the context of Theological and Biblical studies.
7. have a basic knowledge of the Ancient Greek and Hellenistic World, recognizing its unsurpassable importance in understanding not only the western world but also its religious history.