1. provide the students with the means to read and interpret simple texts in Ancient Greek;
2. acquire a basic knowledge of the Greek grammar;
3. learn and memorize the required vocabulary to understand the proposed texts;
4. translate simple Portuguese sentences into Greek;
5. have some general notions of the History of Greek language and the main singularities of biblical and Hellenistic Greek;
6. recognize the importance of Greek Language in the general context of European culture, and in particular in the context of Theological and Biblical studies.
7. have a basic knowledge of the Ancient Greek and Hellenistic World, recognizing its unsurpassable importance in understanding not only the western world but also its religious history.