1. consolidate, memorized, the basic general knowledge of Morphology (nominal, pronominal and verbal) and Latin Language Syntax;
2. be able to, with these morphological and syntactic tools stored, contact with Latin texts, reading them, commenting on them and translating them into Portuguese and simultaneously back-translating simple Portuguese phrases into Latin;
3. recognize the importance of Latin study, not only as the main source of the Portuguese language, but also in the general context of European culture, particularly in the context of theology;
4. acquire basic knowledge of Classical Culture, recognizing it not only as an expression of fundamental historical importance, but of unparalleled usefulness to understand the modern world, particularly the West;
5. be able to critically approach simple Latin texts, and from them to relate relevant aspects of the Portuguese Language and Culture with those of the Latin Language and Culture.