Each student is expected to:
1. Deepen the study of Latin, being able to analyse a complex Latin text, from a classical or Christian background, and translate it into Portuguese;
2. Efficiently translate Portuguese sentences into Latin.
3. consolidate and deepen the syntax of Latin, both in terms of subordination, and of cases.
4. Recognize the importance of Latin's study in the general context of European culture, and in particular in the context of Theological studies.
5. Deepen the knowledge of classical culture, recognizing its unsurpassable importance also in the way the Patristic authors seized this heritage.