Each student is expected to:
1. Master the morphological and syntactic tools necessary to study Latin, being able to read a simple Latin text and translate it into Portuguese;
2. Translate simple Portuguese sentences into Latin.
3. Understand Latin's case system and know by heart the nominal, pronominal and verbal morphology of the language.
4. Recognize the importance of Latin's study in the general context of European culture, and in particular in the context of Theological studies.
5. Have a basic knowledge of classical culture, recognizing its unsurpassable importance in understanding the modern western world and the Portuguese language.